Examples of Excelencia 2012
Excelencia in Education announced the 2012 Examples of Excelencia in Washington, DC on October 2, 2012.
The 2012 Examples of Excelencia are:
Associate Level - DirectConnect at Valencia College (FL)
Baccalaureate Level - School of Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Engineering at California State University, Bakersfield (CA)
Graduate Level - Master of Business Administration Program at The University of Texas at El Paso (TX)
To learn more about these programs and many more recognized efforts read the 2012 edition of What Works for Latino Students in Higher Education and visit the Growing What Works Database.
Learn more about the Examples of Excelencia initiative here.
Deborah A. Santiago, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Research, leads the assessment of the submissions using the articulated criteria to prepare the slate for consideration by the selection committee of national experts.
The 2012 Selection Committee Members were:
- Susan Albertine, Vice President, Office of Engagement, Inclusion & Success, Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Nathan Bell, Director of Research & Policy Analysis, Council of Graduate Schools
- Julie Bell, Program Director, National Conference on State Legislatures
- Antonia Franco, Vice President/Program Director on Transition Years, Helios Education Foundation
- Adriana Flores-Ragade, Director of Diversity Initiatives, The College Board
- Jeannine LaPrad, President and CEO, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce
- Estela López, Senior Program Associate, Excelencia in Education
- Stella Pérez, Vice President, Operations & Technology Programs, League for Innovation in the Community College
- Joel Vargas, Vice President, High School through College, Jobs for the Future